Since 1983, PA has helped the Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library at Columbia University acquire primary source materials related to the history of building technology in the United States. Gifts are made in honor of Adolf K. Placzek (1913-2000), who spent 32 years at Avery Library, including 20 as director in 1960-80, and was a member of the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission. During his tenure at Avery, Mr. Placzek acquired thousands of historical trade publications, catalogs, and other documents relating to the design and construction of the built environment. More recently PA has broadened the scope of this initiative to include the conservation of documents within the Rare Book Collection of Avery. Preservation Alumni is proud to continue this legacy of support for historic preservation research and education.
Click here for a list of materials acquired and preserved with the help of the Adolf K. Placzek Fund since 1984. If you would like to make a contribution to this fund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.